Grow your own grass
FACT: 20% of the world is covered by grass
What you need:
Container – any pot will do from a yoghurt pot to a plant pot*
- Soak your seeds in water for a couple of hours.
- Fill your containers with potting soil. Leave an inch or so of space for the grass and roots to grow.
- Spread a layer of seeds on top of the soil in each container. Spread them full and even.
- Give your containers a good soak, but be careful not to let your seeds move around. Pour your water in slowly. For the first 2 days, they need constant water to help the seeds germinate. Once the seeds show a white tail, keep them watered, but no need to soak.
- Set them in an undisturbed area, like a kitchen counter or windowsill with plenty of light. Then watch it grow!
*You can even decorate your pot with paints to make it look pretty!